Maple Pancakes Recipe

August 26, 2014

Image via epicurious.com
Today I did something extraordinary. Simply, something unthinkable. I made pancakes! No, I did not buy the pancake mix from the store and yes, I made them from scratch. I went to buy all the ingredients a day before, fearing that I would miss something during the process of making batter. Being a meticulous person, I ensure that I follow each of the step correctly. When the batter was done, it smelled wonderful with a sweet scent of maple syrup. I thought everything is going too well, which worried me since I am an amateur completely new to cooking. Probably making pancakes is indeed as easy as ABC. When I started cooking, the luck went off. It turned out to be a disaster. Well not completely, but out of six pancakes that I made, only one looked presentable ( same as the Mc Donald's)! Whereas the other five did not look that good, but still they were edible at least! While some were quite burnt, some were pretty pale in colour. ( I seriously want to know the reason as well). The main reason could be that I am not really good at handling the stove. Overall, it is a good experience for me, the pancakes are delicious and I am motivated to try out more recipes in the future! Below is the recipe. Feel free to leave comments. Till then, au revoir! :)

MAPLE PANCAKES RECIPE

Yield: 6 Pancakes

  • 1 cup of all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoons of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons of canola oil
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 tablespoons of maple syrup


  1. Mix all-purpose flour, salt and baking soda evenly in a bowl. In order to have a smooth batter, sieve the ingredients.
  2. Mix egg, canola oil, milk and maple syrup thoroughly in another bowl. Then add in the mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients and stir it until they are blended.
  3. Pour 1/4 cup of mixture into a lightly-greased pan. Flip it when bubbles are formed on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is brown.
  4. Serve the pancakes with butter and additional maple syrup.

You Might Also Like

0 comments