Dream Trip to Macau

November 22, 2014

Currently Nuffnang Malaysia is holding a blog contest 'Macau Your Way To An Experience Of A Lifetime!' with a chance of flying to Macau for holiday! Thanks to Macau Government Tourist Office (MGTO), the 3 Nuffnangers with the Most Interesting Blog Post will be flying to Macau to experience a 3D2N ALL EXPENSES PAID  HOLIDAY. Having said that, the return air ticket and two nights accommodation at a 4-star hotel IS included in that once-in-a-lifetime-free-holiday-package!

There are various things and attractions that are luring me to visit Macau as days pass by but I will just share three of the most amazing things of all time that I am aware of. First of all, it is none of the

Ruins of St. Paul. Image via plus.google.com
1.MACAU'S WORLD HERITAGE SPOTS

Being inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2005, the Historic Centre of Macau is the 31st desinated World Heritage site in China. There are over 20 ancient monuments and urban squares located in the heart of this city such as the eminent A-Ma Temple, St. Dominic's Church, St. Lawrence's Church, Senado Square, Ruins of St. Paul's just to name a few.

St. Dominic's Church. Image via everydayminimalist.com
Senado Square. Image via travelvee.wordpress.com
These buildings stand as a living testimony to the co-existence and integration of western as well as eastern cultures over a remarkable chapter in history. Each and every monuments has its own unique stories and breath-taking designs. By having a chance to visit the monuments and buildings through sponsored trip organized by MGTO, I will definitely be able to understand the historical events happening in Macau, not to mention the cultural aspects underlying behind the facade of the ancient monuments and urban squares.

Next, the second thing that attracts me the most into travelling to Macau is,

The Macau Tower. Image via www.dpreview.com
2. THE MACAU TOWER

As an adrenaline junkie, I love challenges that would raise my blood pressure and cause palpitations (without resulting in heart problems). Consequently, it is not surprising that I will jot down bungee jumping off the Macau Tower in my bucket list if I were to visit Macau.

Bungee Jump. Image via boomsbeat.com
Adding icing to the cake, the bungee-jump in Macau Tower is in fact the WORLD'S HIGHEST BUNGEE JUMP, reaching an astounding 764 feet (233 meters). In addition, the bungee-jump can be done during daytime or nighttime. Both will definitely provide different sceneries but share one common thing, picturesque views.

The third thing that intrigues me to visit Macau is,

Portuguese Egg Tart. Image via portuguesefood.cu.cc
3. PORTUGUESE EGG TART

It is one of the most famous food in Macau. If you did not try the Portuguese egg tart while you were in Macau, you have clearly not visited Macau! The flaky pastry shell, with rich and sweet egg custard filling having a consistency similar to creme brulee is probably one of the most tastiest food you will ever consume in life. The caramelized top layer plays a vital role in its taste and the Portuguese egg tart is best eaten warm.

Lord Stow's Bakery. Image via simplenewz.com
Lord Stow's Bakery. Image via lordstow.com
Lord Stow's Bakery located in Macau is amongst many good choices as it has gained high rating by food critics themselves! On top of that, the bakery also claims to say that they were the first to produce the first Portuguese egg tart in Asia. After hearing all that information, I am definitely going to visit Lord Stow's once I arrive Macau!

Why Should I be Sent for This Superb Opportunity

I have always wanted to learn more about Macau. Aside from the historical events and mouth-watering delicacies, I believe that Macau has more to offer. Furthermore, I have read a cornucopia of information regarding Macau and even seen lots of breath-taking pictures. Nonetheless, I do not have the opportunity to witness all the wonderful buildings and monuments before my own eyes as I am just a student whom still need to depend on my parents for my financial needs. It is true that I can ask them to fund me for a trip to Macau, but I choose not to do so as part of their hard-earned money has been used for me to study in medical school. As the saying goes,' The best way to know about a place is to be there and experience things yourself instead of listening to others' experiences. I sincerely hope that I can be given this opportunity to experience all the interesting things as well as gaining in-depth knowledge about Macau myself.


Image vis patamanager.org

Last but not least, I would like to give a shout out to Macau Government Tourist Office (MGTO) and Nuffnang Malaysia . Thank you for organising such amazing contest and providing opportunities for 3 Nuffnangers to be able to experience this wonderful getaway for free! 

For more information, visit Macau Government Tourist Office's official website and official Facebook page.

Also, visit Nuffnang Malaysia for more details about the contest. Till then, au revoir! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments