Hardest Examination In Medical School

January 07, 2017

Image Source: pnbank.com.au
Hey guys, Happy New Year 2017! 2016 has been a great year despite multiple obstacles were standing in the way and I hope 2017 will be a greater year than ever for all of us. I am aware that I have not been so active for the past month. It was simply because at that time I was sitting for the toughest examination in the entire 5 years in Newcastle medical school. The reason for that was due to the fact that I have to go through three months of intensive lectures, spanning from nine-to-five with an hour or two break in between for lunch five days a week, covering all sorts of diseases from head to toe.

That's right. You read it correctly, I spent approximately seven hours a day sitting in the lecture halls! After the lectures ended, I did not even have time to relax as I have to revise the topics and at the same time be prepared for the next day's lectures. In short, I have barely taken any break during the three arduous months. Then all the topics were assessed in exam where I have to answer 100 single best question papers in three hours a day for two days. It was a tough time as I have so many chapters to cover yet so little time. Nonetheless, the real struggle started when I have to wait for two weeks before the university release the results.

There were two outcomes, either I passed and enjoy the rest of the eight months doing audits and electives, or I failed and have one more chance to resit for the paper when my electives ended in August which can be really miserable. Long story short, I got results on 4th of January 2017 and thank god I passed. In fact, my batch (in Malaysia) did particularly well and we got compliments by our dean! All in all, I am delighted and relieved that the same that to think that I can finally plan my electives without any worries and I am pretty excited! Till then, au revoir!

You Might Also Like

0 comments