German Currywurst Recipe

February 26, 2015

Image source: imgkid.com
Few days ago, I am so hungry in the middle of the night completing my assignment that I decided to watch some food channels on YouTube so that I could imagine myself devouring all the delicacies while drinking plain water to fill my stomach #miserable. In the midst of browsing, I saw this very intriguing dish from Germany which is none other than the German Currywurst!

It is a traditional Berlin street food consisting of pork sausages (Bratwurst sausages) that are steamed, fried and cut into slices, topped with curry ketchup sauce, not to mention sprinkles of curry powder. Since it is practically impossible to get these in my hometown ( there is no German restaurants in my area), I have decided to persuade my mom to make it when I am going back. hehe

Hence, I have searched for the easiest German Currywurst recipe that I can find on Google. While there are so many versions of the Currywurst shop, I chose the ones where the ingredients are available in my hometown. After spending about half an hour, I felt that the Currywurst recipe on Finedininglovers.com meets my criteria,However, I will alter the recipe slightly to my likings. I am going to elicit the recipe below and hopefully it will turn out great when I attempt it at home. Stay tuned for ore updates. Till then, au revoir! :)

German Currywurst Recipe

Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6

Ingredients

  • 450g of Ketchup
  • 250ml of Water
  • 1 finely minced Onion
  • 1 tablespoon of Margarine
  • 2 teaspoons of Paprika
  • 1 tablespoon of Curry Powder
  1. First, add oil into a pan and heat it. Saute the onion until it is golden brown.
  2. Then ,add in paprika and curry powder to the onions and saute it for another 2 minutes until it is fragrant.
  3. After that, add in the ketchup and water into the pan.
  4. Boil the sauce until it has a thick texture.
  5. Taste and add in seasoning if desired.
  6. Pour the sauce onto the Bratwurst sausages.
  7. Sprinkle some curry powder on the sauce.
  8. Serve while it is hot.

You Might Also Like

0 comments